Wellsprings will respond professionally to the needs of young women, who have experienced difficult times, through offering a safe home-like environment and will continue to offer support in their onward journey.
Core Values of Wellsprings’ Service Delivery for Young Women in their Care
|Understood as:||Be consistent in attempting to respond to the needs of the young women|
|Recognised as:||• Demonstrate a willingness to be available
• Maintain a focus on the needs of the young women
• Seek to achieve the personal care plans.
|Understood as:||Act in a fair and open manner at all times|
|Recognised as:||• Make sure that clear open procedures are in place to allow the concerns of the young women to be heard
• Provide positive experiences to counteract negative past experiences
• Acknowledge that each young woman has individual needs
• Be accountable at all levels
|Understood as:||Be sensitive to what the young women are going through and respond in a manner that is both genuine and humane|
|Recognised as:||• Provide a place that promotes honesty and self-awareness
• Be non-judgemental in our approach
• Acknowledge that feelings experienced by others are neither right nor wrong
|Understood as:||Safeguard the dignity and well-being of each individual at all times|
|Recognised as:||• Respect the young women, their past experiences and their privacy
• Value the uniqueness of each individual
• Make sure that every young woman feels included by promoting a community to which all contribute
|Understood as:||Enable the young women to develop their own potential and to take responsibility for their lives|
|Recognised as:||• Support the young women in their education and training
• Encourage responsible independence
• Help the young women to actively take control over their own lives
• Work in partnership.